GET YOUR RESULTS
Workplace Technology Assessment
Is your workplace technology holding you back? Take our 5 minute assessment for your free customized report.Take Quiz
All actions necessary to retaining an item or asset, in optimal condition.
- Condition. Maintenance performed irregularly on an item which has failed to satisfy a predetermined condition standard.
- Corrective. The actions performed, as a result of failure, to restore an item or asset to its optimal condition. Corrective maintenance may or may not be programmed. Also known as Reactive.
- Deferred. Maintenance which is due which will be deferred because of a shortage of funds or unavoidability of parts.
- Operational. Maintenance carried out by a contractor during the course of an operational maintenance period specified in the Contract.
- Periodic. Planned routine maintenance of facilities, machinery and equipment to ensure smooth operations and minimum breakdowns.
- Preventive. The actions performed to retain an item or asset in its operational condition by providing systematic inspections, detection and prevention of incipient failure.
- Programmed. Maintenance assigned to be carried out within a specific period, such as a budgeting period, or during annual holidays.
- Routine. Day-to-day maintenance activities (replacement of light bulbs, cleaning of drains, repairing leaks, etc) and which form part of the annual operating budget.
- Running. Maintenance that can be carried out whilst the item continues in service.
- Shutdown. Maintenance that can only be carried out when the item is taken out of service.
- Statutory. Maintenance that must be carried out to meet statutory requirements.