Life At SpaceIQ
At SpaceIQ, we work hard, but we play hard too. We're a team of driven, innovative people all working together toward our common goal of making the workplace smarter. Check out some shots of the SpaceIQ team having fun in the wild!
Lead Backend Software Engineer
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We are looking for a Lead Backend engineer who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Ability to serve as technical lead a team of 3+ engineers and define future direction of backend architecture.
- Strong programming experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Deep Knowledge of with AWS ecosystem. Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes is a huge plus.
- Distributed Systems design and implementation: understanding of communication paradigms, client/server architecture, scaling, design trade-offs, peer to peer systems, synchronization, data replication and consistency models.
- Database design and architecture: data modeling and NoSQL database concepts.
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends and have exceptional experience building systems for scale.
- Bold bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way - and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them..
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. "Comfortable" is not a word in your vocabulary. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but instead looking to push yourself to see just how quickly you can grow when inserted into the middle of a hyper-growth environment.