Workplace Technology Assessment
Is your workplace technology holding you back? Take our 5 minute assessment for your free customized report.Take Quiz
By Danielle Moore
Director, Channel Marketing
As organizations explore safe and measured returns to work, they need tools and resources to help ensure the ongoing health and safety of employees. Archibus provides tools for hoteling and reservations, preventive and corrective maintenance, occupancy, health compliance, and myriad others. Our goal is to deliver a complete suite of solutions that help organizations put their best foot forward as they take steps to get back to work.
Here’s a look at the many tools Archibus offers and how to capitalize on them. Keep checking back after each version release to discover new solutions to facilitate your return to work.
Archibus’ robust hoteling features empower your workforce to find and book spaces with ease—from full-time employees, to flex workers, to visitors. Enforce bookings, schedule cleanings, monitor capacity, restrict and enable bookings, prevent duplicate reservations and more—all through a pool of pre-approved, socially distanced spaces. Learn more.
- Improve space utilization and enable the disposition of excess inventory
- Realize a more efficient facilities footprint resulting from improved space utilization
- Accommodate a mobile workforce and increase employee satisfaction
- Encourage responsible and efficient use of space
Room reservations create new governance opportunities for facility managers, without hampering employees as they return to the workplace. Use Archibus to structure workspace check-ins and mandate health checks before check-in. Allow pre-approved room reservations that incorporate time before and after a meeting for proper cleaning. Learn more.
- Secure shared space and resources with self-service Web forms
- Streamline invitations to participants via integration with most email clients
- Reservations Plugin lets individuals make room reservations within the Outlook™ client
- Extension for Microsoft Exchange handles all reservations and updates
With changing occupancy limits comes the need to redefine your space. Refocus allocation and distribute space in new, more efficient ways with Archibus’ space inventorying and planning tools. Assign employees to safe seats that meet social distancing guidelines and create workplaces that make better use of the space you have, based on demand. Learn more.
- Deliver flexible, self-service reporting for effective space allocation and cost control
- Improve evaluation of building performance and enable accurate benchmarking
- Enhance design/planning capabilities to use space more efficiently
- Increase productivity with Archibus All-in-One Home Page with quick access to tasks
Forecast and plan for large space and occupancy changes at all levels, including portfolio, city, and site/campus, as well as building and room levels. Track when, how, and why employees use spaces, then leverage that data into more efficient floor plans—all designed within the parameters of a post-pandemic framework. Learn more.
- View how space is allocated across divisions, departments, buildings, and campuses
- Compare spaces to identify vacancies
- Track available space over time
- Generate space scenarios directly from existing inventory
Track and manage which employees work remotely vs. those coming back-to-work in phases. Occupancy metrics help companies maintain distancing standards, manage desk availability, optimize for space utilization, and more. Archibus’ daily and real-time occupancy reporting puts facility managers on the front lines of planning for and enforcing safe space usage. Learn more.
- Coordinate workspace availability between various workgroups
- Authorize space allocation by group, department, shift, and more
- Review daily occupancy data to glean insights about space trends
- Integrate with reservation and hoteling software to automate occupancy management
Building Operations and Maintenance
With a return to work comes a shift in operational best practices, especially around building maintenance. Archibus helps you adjust accordingly. Automatically schedule room and desk cleanings between reservations, to promote a safer work environment for employees. Or, schedule daily or periodic “deep clean” work orders for specific locations. Learn more.
- Observe proactive and corrective maintenance workflows
- Utilize a full CMMS to support your approach to facility maintenance
- Create and define return-to-work tasks specific to workspaces
- Automate maintenance and operations workflows to simplify oversight demands
Maintain the mobility of your workplace and streamline the move/add/change processes, to support employee safety with minimal organizational disruption. Archibus’ centralized move management system lets you keep tabs on movement and action, so you can maintain workplace agility without compromising employee safety. Learn more.
- Streamline the entire move process, including requests, approvals, and updates
- Improve communication between in-house and external resources
- Generates trial layouts, move analytics, and intelligent dashboards
- Enable the timely distribution of updated personnel and cost center information
Create the workplace your employees need with Archibus. Help employees find resources, book meetings and workspaces, access services, and request moves through a convenient desktop or mobile experience. Archibus does it all, so you can shape the workplace around the needs of the people using it—all while staying safe, compliant, and productive. Learn more.
- Use GIS and BIM data to create a complete digital twin of every workplace
- Leverage broad integrations to create a workplace that’s smart and connected
- Combine digital workplace assets with physical facilities, to better-support your team
- Create an agile, flexible workplace that operates within a post-pandemic framework
Businesses of all sizes need to take steps to protect themselves from liability in a post-pandemic workplace. Lean on Archibus to reduce the chance of virus spread and potential shutdowns that result from inadequate compliance practices. From social distancing tracking to hazard abatement, you’ll have tools to prevent compliance issues before they arise. Learn more.
- Personalized back-to-work e-mail notifications
- Monitor and adjust the dynamic workplace
- Achieve and maintain regulatory and code compliance
- Track key processes involved in social distancing
Take advantage of an integrated view of where to find key assets within your facilities, such as personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning supplies, and other equipment. Archibus makes it easy for employees to find the equipment and resources they need, and for facility and asset managers to track, monitor, and maintain them. Learn more.
- Centralize asset inventory
- Track assets, enhance accountability
- Budget assets with full view costs
- Enable a full life cycle strategy
Evaluate the condition of critical assets and buildings, initiating remediation work where needed. Archibus keeps your facilities and assets up and running safely, with insights on how to prevent problems before they arise. Provide employees with a seamless return to work experience—one that isn’t hindered by downed assets or facility restrictions. Learn more.
- Track asset condition, plan for maintenance, and prepare budget scenarios
- Utilize an objective and systematic framework for prioritizing work
- Improve information accuracy and consistency
- Reduce downtime and associated costs
From shared work environments to corporate campuses, emergency preparedness is key. As employees return to work, their situation and surroundings may have changed. They need to stay informed about new protocols and standards, so they can act accordingly in an emergency. Archibus helps you implement safety procedures and plan for hazards protectively. Learn more.
- Proactive emergency operations management
- Access accurate information about risks
- Implement contact tracing to quickly resume normal operations
- Expedite insurance claims and negotiate more favorable coverage terms
Protect employee health and minimize organizational liability by quickly and accurately locating, tracking, and abating hazards. From contact tracing to narrow exposure pools to workspace disinfection standards and scheduling, Archibus makes proactive management of hazards a top priority, to reduce liabilities across facilities. Learn more.
- Facilitate a safe working environment for building occupants
- Minimize regulatory actions and/or occupational illnesses
- Avert costly operating shutdowns, loss of facility use, penalties, or fines
- Identify, locate, sample, document, and abate potential exposures
Health & Safety
Reduce workplace safety incidents and better manage personal protective equipment (PPE), training, medical monitoring, and work restrictions through Archibus. Use a mix of building information data and connected workplace sensors to get a top-down view of facilities and a clearer understanding of where and how to avoid potential health and safety risks. Learn more.
- Identify, evaluate, and correct health and safety risks in the workplace
- Reduce medical claims, disability compensation, and loss of productivity
- Track and follow-up on health and safety incidents to minimize risk and liability
- Reduce the cost of administering a health and safety program
From masks and gloves to materials used to sanitize workspaces, pandemic waste materials need careful treatment and oversight. Use Archibus to track and manage COVID-19 hazardous waste from point of generation to final disposition, to mitigate errors, omissions, and accidents. Learn more.
- Simplify tracking and management of hazardous waste streams
- Decrease the risk of fines or litigation surrounding hazardous waste storage and disposal
- Increase the visibility and improve accountability for waste management
- Reduce the cost and effort of satisfying waste audit and reporting requirements
Provide a central location for employees to manage COVID-related project details, including schedule tracking and budgeting. Archibus’ dashboard keeps employees in the loop about what’s expected of them and how to navigate projects and duties within the framework of new policies, protocols, and procedures. It sets standards and expectations for everyone. Learn more.
- Create a top-down perspective of program and project priorities, actions, and costs
- Allow project members to synchronize information at different organizational units
- Streamline project oversight via milestones, tasks, and status changes
- Reduce administrative burden by leveraging existing data
Get ready for a seamless return to work
Archibus helps companies of all sizes get back to work. Utilize the tools above to plan and execute a seamless return to work, and keep checking back as we continue to add tools based on the needs of our customers.
Want to explore Archibus’ back-to-work solutions for yourself? Schedule a demo today.
Keep reading: Back-to-Work Planning & Employee Sentiment